- Plastic hangers
- Plastic bags
- Wrap the plastic bags around the hanger (all except the hook part)
- Use tape to secure the bags as you go and try to keep the padding even
- When you begin wrapping, leave a foot-long tail hanging loose
- Start at the top of the hanger just below the hook area and start wrapping your way around
- When you get all the way around, cut the ribbon so there is another foot-long piece hanging off
- Tie the two "tails" into a pretty bow and trim as needed
- I used wire ribbon, but you might prefer non-wired (wireless? hee hee) so there isn't risk of your clothes getting snagged
- My spool of ribbon was too big to keep passing through the middle of the hanger, so I cut it before wrapping.
- I estimated the length of ribbon by measuring the three sides of the hanger and doubling that, then adding another two feet for the tails.
By "measure" I mean I held the ribbon up to each side of the hanger. Actual measuring is WAY too much work for me =)