Friday, November 05, 2010

Chip, chip, HOORAY! Baby shower book.

Do you love chipboard as much as I do? I can't get enough of it lately.

Here's an album I made for a friend's baby shower. The idea is that the guests each write in their well-wishes or wisdom and Mom and Dad save the book as a keepsake. You could even add photos later if there's room.

I think I did something extra to the cover, but for the life of me can't remember what and, alas, didn't take any photos of it...use your imagination :)

Supplies:
  • Chipboard album with rings (every page should be chipboard, not just the cover). I used 6x6 size.
  • Pretty coordinating papers
  • Embellishments (I bought one sheet of baby boy 3-dimensional stickers and used every single one)
  • Ribbon
  • Mod Podge or some other glue that dries clear
  • Paper cutter or scissors
  • Sand paper
  • Hole punch
  • Chalk or ink (optional)

Instructions:
  1. Figure out where your paper will go and mark the spots where the holes will be. Punch these out.
  2. Glue paper to the pages however you wish and wait impatiently for it to dry :P
  3. Add ribbon to outside cover pages (and anywhere else you think is pretty)
  4. Sand edges of pages so the paper is smooth along all edges
  5. Use chalk or ink to color the edges and corners of the pages (optional)
  6. Add embellishments
  7. Put your pages in the album
  8. You're done! So cute.
Here are my less than stellar pictures, but you get the idea. I wish I had time to take photos in the day!

No comments: